- Smoke source: A horizontal line of smoke across both the spinnaker and mainsail.
- Model support: Fixture holds the 3D-printed mainsail and spinnaker in place.
- Entry: The wind enters here and flow is attached to both sides of the sails.
- Attach: Flow becomes attached to the leeward side of the spinnaker for about one-third of the area from luff to leech.
- Detach: Flow detaches here, and there is a significant wind shadow.
- Slot: Wind flows across the front side of the spinnaker, and attaches to the backside of the main.
- Mirror: This is part of the wind tunnel, used to illuminate the smoke on the back side of the sails where the light source is blocked.