Preparation. Just that one word alone can be intimidating. I have learned over the past few weeks that taking a J/24 to a travel regatta is no easy task. There are countless tasks that need to be completed.
- Make sure lights are working
- Make sure electric brakes are working
- Make sure all of the bearings are in good shaped and greased.
- Every item on the boat needs to be weighed and inventoried and added up on Part C of the measurement requirements. To make this part even more difficult you have to convert everything to Kilos!
- The Boat needs to be washed and waxed.
3. Other things needed
- Trailer Registration in tow vehicle
- J/24 Class member card
- Proof of marine liability insurance.
- Crew weight
- Making sure you get gas before you hitch up. At some gas stations the boat will not fit under the roof.
Lets put it this way, I spent my weekend working on all of these last details. However I would have never been able to accomplish all of these items without my dad's helps.